- First place (winner of $500): “The Fisherman’s Wife” by Jenny Williams (LitNImage)
- Runner-up (winner of $200): “Fuckbuddy” by Roderic Crooks (Eyeshot)
- Honorable mention (winner of $100): “No Bullets in the House” by Geronimo Madrid (Drunken Boat)
Congratulations to all!
He also kindly links here, which I appreciate. If you’re looking for my posts on the Million Writers Award finalists, here’s a list of finalists, followed by related posts:
- “The Whale Hunter” by Steinur Bell (Agni) – Stories Within Stories
- “Intertropical Convergence Zone” by Nadia Bulkin (ChiZine) – Making a New Myth
- “No Bullets in the House” by Geronimo Madrid (Drunken Boat) – Distance
- “Fuckbuddy” by Roderic Crooks (Eyeshot) – Second Person, Second Post
- “The Fisherman’s Wife” by Jenny Williams (LitNImage) – The Selkie’s Story v The Writer’s Story
- “Every Earth is Fit for Burial” by Cyn Kitchen (Menda City Review) – Fathers
- “Interview With A Moron” by Elizabeth Stuckey-French (Narrative Magazine) – Breaking Out of the Form
- “The Tale of Junko and Sayuri” by Peter S. Beagle (OSC’s Intergalactic Medicine Show) – The Pleasure of a Classic Tale
- “Grief Mongers” by Sefi Atta (Per Contra Fiction) – Excerpt to a Great Ending
- “Nine Sundays in a Row” by Kris Dikeman (Strange Horizons) – Nine Sundays, Ten Stories
If you still want more, you can check out:
And Now the Moment of Truth, Million Writers Finalists Posted, No More Teasing (which contains my nominees), Fantasy Magazine, Atomjack!, Million Writers Award Notable Stories. For a summary of last year’s results, see Congratulations to Matt Bell.
You can find even more from last year by typing “Million Writers Award” into the search box.